Thursday 27 August 2015

Canvas Club // Dr Sketchys


Canvas club and Dr Sketchy's Anti Art School Leeds are both run by my good pals Terri and Steve, they are some wild drawing events.

Dr Sketchy's is alternative/ burlesque life drawing 'class' / club / event - everyone is welcome, at any drawing ability and there's basically no rules - you can win some sweet prizes for churning out some wild art too. Also there is usually a burlesque performance which is always good fun.




Canvas Club is a drawing club focused around music as a stimulus - with different themes (Hip Hop, Woodstock, Anime etc). It's a pretty fun time.

I helped out my pals by drawing up a design for a flyer/poster which is now on the Belgrave website and all around the bar, it's weird seeing your own drawings in public, I kinda like it.






Here are some of my initial sketches for the canvas club flyer - I toyed with mimicking a Fight Club type thing but decided it would be best to try and not rip off any big names yet. (but one day I will). After I got the go ahead I made a slightly neater version of the design - though looking back on it now I  would have liked to have tidied it up more and had some smoother more defined lines on it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment