Saturday 5 September 2015

"Quit the bitching on your blog and stop pretending art is hard...

...just limit yourself to three chords and do not practice daily"


There's this whole thing about shying away from doing stuff because it won't look/sound/be good but how do you expect to learn and have fun if you're not willing to do things.

When I tell people I do illustration they usually reply "thats cool I can't draw at all" but it's not even all about the drawing, it's about ideas. You can make a shitty drawing with a totally radical idea behind it and chances are it's still gonna look great because of the IDEA. You can work on drawings, you can practise and perfect and get better, that's how stuff works but ideas are like the darned basis of everything. 

I feel like I've taken a lot of inspiration of doing things from Amanda Palmer this summer and started learning how to play the Ukulele and just doing what I feel like regardless of whether it's going to turn out good or not. Worry less. Make Good Art

No comments:

Post a Comment